Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Do I have to pay the capital gains on the sale of my house…

Customer Question
Do I have to pay...
Do I have to pay the capital gains on the sale of my house if I don't file my fed tax in the same state as the sale of the house is in va
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/23/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney replied 2 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Yes you do still have to pay the capital gains tax. Capital gains tax is a federal tax that applies to any gain you receive through the sale of a property anywhere in the US.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug