How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41010
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have A complaint against My previous homeowners Ins

Customer Question

I have A complaint against My previous homeowners Ins Company. I live and pay a condominium fee monthly, not realizing that I should've been
paying condominium Ins opposed to paying for homeowners ins for ten years. I've contacted the Ins Company and made them aware of their error. They are refusing to refund my overage.
FYI: At the time of purchase the inspection and replacement cost was overlooked by the Ins Co.
Betty Marsh
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

You can file a complaint with the state and try to force a refund here.

You do this online and the state may agree with you and require them to refund you the money.

Your other option would be to sue in small claims for what you are owed.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

You can sue up to $5k in small claims in Connecticut, self help and forms here.

Related Real Estate Law Questions