Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have A complaint against My previous homeowners Ins

Customer Question
Company. I live and pay...
I have A complaint against My previous homeowners Ins Company. I live and pay a condominium fee monthly, not realizing that I should've been
paying condominium Ins opposed to paying for homeowners ins for ten years. I've contacted the Ins Company and made them aware of their error. They are refusing to refund my overage.
FYI: At the time of purchase the inspection and replacement cost was overlooked by the Ins Co.
Thanks
Betty Marsh
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/22/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

You can file a complaint with the state and try to force a refund here.

https://cidonline.ct.gov/ccf/

You do this online and the state may agree with you and require them to refund you the money.

Your other option would be to sue in small claims for what you are owed.

You can sue up to $5k in small claims in Connecticut, self help and forms here.

http://www.jud.ct.gov/faq/smallclaims.html

Ray, Lawyer