Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Can a Tx Condo Association require that Proxies be malied to…

Customer Question
Can a Tx Condo...

Can a Tx Condo Association require that Proxies be malied to them or delivered to them prior to the meeting, and stating they will not accept proxies that are brought to the annual meeting?

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The letter with the date of meeting and the proxy just arrived, in the letter they state that the proxy must be in their office 3 days prior to the meeting and they will not accept proxies that are delivered to the meeting

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/22/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

Your bylaws should have language about how proxies are to be handled. Review it. If it is silent on this then you may have a legal grounds to contest.