Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I know a person that is currently living on a property that…

Customer Question
I know a person that...
I know a person that is currently living on a property that was for closed on. The property tax has accumulated to roughly around 22,000 dollars. This person has lived there for about 8 years now. The house is set to be auctioned of off in September. Does this person have rights to attain the property?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/22/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer

Hello. I am going to be assisting you with your question today.

Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Are they the owner of the property or are they renting?

Renting.

If you are renting, then your option is to purchase the tax lien and work out a deal with any bank holding a lien.

MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer