Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I want to threaten a mortgage co. over not respecting me or…

Customer Question
I want to threaten a...
I want to threaten a mortgage co. over not respecting me or my privacy. I get fed disability (not ssa) I showed evidence of how long (jan 2007) I had been out if work. then I get an email requesting my medical records as I complied b/c this loan was a ride from hell. all they need from my ex was proof of 12 mos payments on our mortgage. he would not comply and one of the 2 loan officer offered him $1000.
I want to be compensated for the most you can without a lawyer. but I need to make good on my threat
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/21/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer

I suggest that you file a complaint with the North Carolina banking regulators. They will conduct an investigation at no cost to you and impose penalties on the bank that will be paid to you as compensation for your damages and the bank's breach and violation of your privacy rights.

Here is the link for you to file the complaint online with the North Carolina State Commissioner of Banks:

https://www.nccob.org/public/ConsumerInformation/Complaints/CIFileComplaint.aspx

Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.