Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I took possession of a house after buying it at a tax sale…

Customer Question
I took possession of a...
I took possession of a house after buying it at a tax sale auction. The previous owners left a disabled van in the driveway. It's been two months. Can I have it towed somewhere?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/21/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you.

Yes you can claim this is abandoned property.You would try to get towing service to tow it and store it.They can then claim it if the prior owner doesn't claim it.This is the best way here to resolve this and get it out of your driveway.See if you cannot get a towing company to take it away.

I can understand why you want to be rid of this.The towing idea is the perfect way to resolve it and get it off your property here. This would be the means to get rid of it.It is abandoned property here no doubt.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks for letting me do so.