Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

My husband has an old mobile home s wife distroyed s credit

Customer Question
My husband has an old...
My husband has an old mobile home his wife distroyed his credit and now the mobilehome is unenhabiable in texas can you volunteer to send it back to the people holding the morgage
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/20/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: ScottyMacESQ, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
ScottyMacESQ
ScottyMacESQ, Lawyer

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Yes. This is called a "voluntary repossession", and in the real estate context it's also known as a "deed in lieu of foreclosure". Now the main problem is that the lender could take back possession and still sue for the balance owed (or at least the amount owed minus what it sells the home for). This is called a "deficiency". Lenders typically don't waive a right to seek a deficiency unless they determine that the voluntary repossession without a deficiency would be better than the added expense of getting it back, selling, legal fees and costs, etc...

It would be best to contact the lender and see if they would agree to a deed in lieu / voluntary repossession. Telling them that you're on the verge of bankruptcy would help, as bankruptcy would release most debts and the best they might get would be pennies on the dollar for the underlying debt.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response or rating... (please note that rating closes this question out, so if there's nothing else, please rate it so that I can assist other customers that are waiting for answers to their questions)

Real Estate Lawyer: ScottyMacESQ, Lawyer replied 1 year ago

If there's nothing else, please rate this answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better) AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. If you feel that I have gone above and beyond in this answer (my average answer is about 10 minutes) bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please don't forget to Rate my service as OK Service or higher. It's only then I am credited.

ScottyMacESQ
ScottyMacESQ
ScottyMacESQ, Lawyer