Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I just found out this information today and how debilitating…

Customer Question
i just found out this...
i just found out this information today and how debilitating his anxiety is from her doctor
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/20/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Irwin Law, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer

Good morning! I am sorry to hear that you and your mother are in this predicament. I will need a little time to find info on the AL tax sale law for you. I will get back to you later in the day. (I was in Hawaii in Dec. so I know that you are 5 hours behind me.) Please be patient.

i will thank you just upset about my mom. can't get to her just lost 12 coworkers and brothers in arm in a double helicopter collision. i hope you can give me some good news to settle my mom down. thanks a lot

All Americans are saddened by that tragic helicopter crash. First, I caution you that all state tax sale statutes are complicated. In AL there appears to be a three year right of redemption. But this may be only as to lands that were sold to the State. See: http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/alcode/40/10/5. Sections 120,121, 122 are good to start with. But again, I caution you that the statutes and procedures are complex, and what often appears in these long drawn out tax code sections is often not simple. Redemption procedures usually require certain steps be taken within prescribed periods of time. Here is something about redemption procedures when the buyer is not the State of AL. I see references to a three year redemption period there too, so hopefully you still have plenty of time to save the home.

http://www.mobile-ropertytaxal.com/forms/NEWREDEMPTION_PROCEDURES.pdf I suggest that you first contact your County Treasurer, Assessor, or whoever holds the tax sale directly and tell them you wish to redeem and need instruction on what you have to do. They probably have printed info that they can email you. They might even have it on their website. I found this redemption form, and you can ask them about using that:
http://revenue.alabama.gov/advalorem/forms/ADV-LD-8%20(6-00).pdf You should also talk to your JAG office about this. They may also have some ideas. If you can't get straight answers about what you have to do, then your final option is to hire a local attorney to get it done for you. The attorney should be able to tell you exactly how much time you have left to get it done. (Don't rely on my 3 year impression.) I wish you the best of luck and thank you for serving the country. I hope that this information is helpful. Please enter a positive rating. I will be happy to answer your follow up questions.

I was wondering if you have any follow-up questions. If not, I would appreciate it if you would enter a positive rating that's checking three, four or five form my answer. Thanks for using JUST ANSWER.

Irwin Law
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer