Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am looking at a 4 acre property with 1 dwelling, in

Customer Question
Larimer County-Colorado. The zoning...
I am looking at a 4 acre property with 1 dwelling, in Larimer County-Colorado. The zoning is FA-1. I am trying to determine whether or not we could add additional dwellings on this piece of property.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/19/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help.I am going to tell you no unless you get a zoning variance.This is listed for single residence agricultural.

You would need a variance because the other building needs own water and septic here.You would need permits for that if the variance is granted.

Reference

https://www.municode.com/library/co/larimer_county/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=PTIILAUSCO_4.0ZO_4.1ZODI_4.1.2FA

You would seek variance here.

contact Town of Estes Park staff at(###) ###-####for assistance.

If you are out of town here , different number.

Before beginning any development review process in unincorporated Larimer County, talk with our staff to determine which process is needed and to complete a pre-application conference. Contact staff at(###) ###-####or by email for more information.

This would be your first and next step here.