How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42178
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am looking at a 4 acre property with 1 dwelling, in

Customer Question

I am looking at a 4 acre property with 1 dwelling, in Larimer County-Colorado. The zoning is FA-1. I am trying to determine whether or not we could add additional dwellings on this piece of property.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help.I am going to tell you no unless you get a zoning variance.This is listed for single residence agricultural.

You would need a variance because the other building needs own water and septic here.You would need permits for that if the variance is granted.


Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

You would seek variance here.

contact Town of Estes Park staff at(###) ###-####for assistance.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

If you are out of town here , different number.

Before beginning any development review process in unincorporated Larimer County, talk with our staff to determine which process is needed and to complete a pre-application conference. Contact staff at(###) ###-####or by email for more information.

This would be your first and next step here.