Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Under a second mortgage who has put your home in

Customer Question
foreclosure, does a bank have...
under a second mortgage who has put your home in foreclosure, does a bank have to reinstate the loan if you bring it up to date plus fees
the first mortgage is up to date
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/19/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
RealEstateAnswer

Good morning. A party who is in foreclosure can ask the lender for the reinstatement amount, to bring the loan current. They will include all fees and other costs as well and if it is paid, then the second loan should be reinstated and the foreclosure action dismissed. When an unmatured installment note goes into default, virtually all promissory notes or loan agreements allow the lender to “accelerate” the note, at which point the installment feature of the note goes away and the entire loan becomes immediately due and payable. Minnesota’s “reinstatement” statute, which is designed to protect borrowers, permits borrowers to stop the foreclosure of the mortgage by “curing” defaults any time before the Sheriff’s sale

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer