Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Can I represent, ob behalf my elderly disabled parent ... in…

Customer Question
can I represent, ob behalf...
can I represent, ob behalf my elderly disabled parent ... in an evction case against a tenent in court?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/19/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

If you are talking about representing them in court, then the answer unfortunately is no. Only a licensed attorney can represent someone in court unless they are representing themselves. With that said, there is nothing that would prevent you from accompanying your parent to court and assisting them with their case..

.

I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers based on my knowledge and experience, even when I know the answer doesn’t make the customer happy...

.

.

thanks