How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I handle a problem with my Home Owner Association

Customer Question

How do I handle a problem with my Home Owner Association concerning a maintence fee that has already been paid. I paid the final payment on 7/18,/ 2015 and they deposited into Well Fargo account. They had refered it to a collection agency even though I had paid. The agency started calling me constantly for months until I responded by sending a letter of cease and desist demand.
I received aletter for HOA stating that I had balance due , date on letter 01/05/2016.
This letter is based on a collection fee . I had already paid the finally paid before they starte d contacting me, now the HOA is trying to force me to pay sendint this letter quoting Florida Statue, chapter 721, delinquent assessment. How do I repod?
Thanks so much for some advice.
Robert Dixon ***@******.***
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information only for educational purposes only, and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me if in your cease and desist letter, you have threatened an FDCPA suit? Or not? Or, not sure? Also, have you sent the collection agency proof, as in a copy of the check?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Please reply when ready.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello – you had never replied to my Information Request so I never got a chance to provide an answer. Please let me know if you still need information, and if you could reply to my information request so I could provide one.