Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have agreed to be a co-borrower with my son in purchasing…

Customer Question
I have agreed to be...
I have agreed to be a co-borrower with my son in purchasing a house for him in Florida. Does Florida law require that my wife, who is not a co-borrower on the mortgage loan application, co-sign the settlement documents and be included in the property title?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/16/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Loren, Lawyer

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Is the lender demanding your wife execute the mortgage? Will the property be titled in your name?

Are you online with me?