Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I used a warranty deed to transfer a property to a Pure

Customer Question
Trust sponsered by We The...
I used a warranty deed to transfer a property to a Pure Trust sponsered by We The People, a tax group in California-put out of business by the IRS. The trust was a fraud. How can I make out a warranty deed to myself when the old deed has the pure trust name as the owner?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/16/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Christopher B, Esq.

Did you transfer this deed and were a victim of fraud? Or was the deed transfered knowingly and the trust ended up being invalidated?

The latter
The originators were put out by the IRS-later I was told the "pure trust" was not valid
does it matter which it was ? I need to know how to make out a new warranty deed.

I'm in the middle of a deposition and it seems you need an answer now, so I am going to opt out as it sounds like you want a quick answer.

Real Estate Lawyer: Seattle Scott, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Seattle Scott

Assuming that the deed you gave to the trust has been recorded, there are only two ways to "undo" the deal and get you back on as the owner of record. Either you get a deed from the trust ( this depends on the language of trust giving you the power to transfer assets back to the grantor/you) or you sue the trust to "quiet title" back to you. Assuming the trust does not defend the suit, ( because you control the trust) you win by default and the judge will appoint a court commissioner to sign a deed back to you.

So if the trust document grants you the power to remove assets from the trust and you are the trustee or manager, then you would sign a deed "as trustee" conveying the property to you as an individual.

Tina, Lawyer