How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I used a warranty deed to transfer a property to a Pure

Customer Question

I used a warranty deed to transfer a property to a Pure Trust sponsered by We The People, a tax group in California-put out of business by the IRS. The trust was a fraud. How can I make out a warranty deed to myself when the old deed has the pure trust name as the owner?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Did you transfer this deed and were a victim of fraud? Or was the deed transfered knowingly and the trust ended up being invalidated?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The latter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The originators were put out by the IRS-later I was told the "pure trust" was not valid
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does it matter which it was ? I need to know how to make out a new warranty deed.
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I'm in the middle of a deposition and it seems you need an answer now, so I am going to opt out as it sounds like you want a quick answer.

Expert:  Seattle Scott replied 1 year ago.

Assuming that the deed you gave to the trust has been recorded, there are only two ways to "undo" the deal and get you back on as the owner of record. Either you get a deed from the trust ( this depends on the language of trust giving you the power to transfer assets back to the grantor/you) or you sue the trust to "quiet title" back to you. Assuming the trust does not defend the suit, ( because you control the trust) you win by default and the judge will appoint a court commissioner to sign a deed back to you.

So if the trust document grants you the power to remove assets from the trust and you are the trustee or manager, then you would sign a deed "as trustee" conveying the property to you as an individual.