How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought a property in 2002 that had a retaining wall

Customer Question

Customer: I bought a property in 2002 that had a retaining wall falling on my property. The next door neighbor and I paid 2400 each to have it removed. He told me another smaller wall would need to be built at the bottom of the hill, I said I didn't know what I wanted to do with the several feet of new property i finally got back. He then built a wall on my property, saying it is in the "footprint" of the wall we removed.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had a survey done, it shows the new wall is on my property. There is two pieces of the "old" wall, left along my driveway. One is marked "leaning" the other is marked "toppled". He says this proves the old wall was all on my property, and I now owe him the 2400 back because the retaining wall was mine. I believe it was his, but neither of us got a survey done before we took the majority of the old wall down. I want the new wall removed, but he says he won't until I pay him the 2400 back. Small claims court has recommended that we see a real estate attorney together to get more clarity on.. maybe the law? I feel uneasy I agreed to this.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Real Estate Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.


In which state jurisdiction is the property located?