Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

We purchased a piece of propert in October of 2015 that was…

Customer Question
We purchased a piece of...
We purchased a piece of propert in October of 2015 that was foreclosued on. There are several pieces of equipment on the property and now the old owner is trying to sell the equipment to someone else. What are our rights?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/12/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information only for educational purposes only, and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation, but I congratulate you on your entrepreneurial spirit. To answer your question, I would need to know the following:

1) What kind of items are they, specifically?

2) Do they have title? Such as a tractor, or a vehicle, etc. Or not?

3) How long were they sitting on the property?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Hello again! You never responded to my query, so I am touching base to see if you still need an answer. Please reply and let me know if so. Thanks.