How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 118789
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

RMS reverse mortage. Threatens to forclose my property. They

Customer Question

RMS reverse mortage. Threatens to forclose my property. They say I failed to repair the heat in the bedroom. There is no heat seperate from rest of house. They say federal law sayes must have. I say repairing something that is not there is wrong. This woud be a add on not repair.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The federal housing laws require a proper heating system in the entire home. If there is no heat provided to the bedroom, then this could be a housing code violation. You need to read your loan agreement though first of all, because if it requires maintaining compliance with codes and the heating system is required by your codes in GA or federal codes, then you have to make sure you comply (add on or not). If the bedroom is properly heated, you need to provide evidence of that, as there is no law saying it has to have separate heat.