Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  16 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

I got a notice of property tac delinquency fron wayne count

Customer Question

I got a notice of property tac delinquency fron wayne count treasurer. I have a show cause hearing very soon.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes and ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

I have read your comments, but I am not sure what your legal question is?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a property in Detroit, Michigan &I got a notice of show cause hearing, Judicial foreclosure hearing and request for payment. I would like know what are my options.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Ok, are you in a position to be able to pay off any delinquent taxes on the property?

.

Can you make payments on any delinquency if you can't pay it off in a lump sum?

.

Do you want to keep the property?

.

Is this your home?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi are u still here
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Yes, can you answer the questions that I asked to give me a little more information about your situation? I really can't provide an answer until I have a bit more information and detail..

.

Are you in a position to be able to pay off any delinquent taxes on the property?

.

.

Do you want to keep the property?

.

Is this your home?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi are still here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to keep them. Them are a few properties. I don't have the mony to do payment on all of them. Also,I would like to know if I can chance the hearing day.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Ok, if the properties go up for foreclosure and are sold at a public sale, then you will lose them. So you want to prevent that at all costs if you can.

.

According to the Wayne County Treasurer, if you can't pay off the delinquent taxes on them, then you may be able to work out a payment plan to pay off the taxes a little bit at a time. You can also apply for a Substantial Financial Hardship Extension.

.

But you would need to contact the County Treasurer's Dept to see if you can work something out in advance of the hearing so you can appear at the hearing and report to the judge that you have reached an agreement so a judicial foreclosure sale is not necessary. And no, you wouldn't be able to postpone the hearing date unless you talked to the Treasurer and they agreed to do so and notified the court of this. If you get something worked out with them, then they would likely just cancel the hearing.

.

This is their contact info:

.

Wayne County Treasurer

Main Office

(313)(###) ###-####/a>

400 Monroe, Detroit, MI 48226

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know if i can sell the properies before the hearing.
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Sure, there is nothing that would prevent that. Any delinquent taxes would just be paid off out of any sales money at closing so you could convey a clear title to the buyer..

.

.

thanks