Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I got approved to put up a fence in my backyard 7 years ago.

Customer Question
I received an approval letter...
i got approved to put up a fence in my backyard 7 years ago. I received an approval letter from Board. I put 3/4 of it up then and the last part of it up 6 months ago. I get a letter that i have to get approval again and that I was never approved to put up the fence from the beginning. I have the approval letter. I have the approval letter that the Board sent me as well. I also have an additional document stating that I was approved. I use to be on the Board and resigned about a year ago and I know that they are trying to enforce regulations that aren't there especially because of things that happened while I was on the Board. Im fed up and thinking of suing.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/8/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: socrateaser, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
socrateaser, Lawyer

It appears from your statement of facts, that the board has no authority to change its previous approval. What question can I answer for you concerning this issue?

Tina, Lawyer