How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am trying to sell a house and two acres of land in a rural

Customer Question

I am trying to sell a house and two acres of land in a rural town in Oklahoma. I recently discovered that the house lies on a plat map "proposed" street/alley. This is making it impossible to sell, because any buyer is fearful that it might be demolished if the town ever decides to open that road. What can I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes and ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.


Can you tell me how long the house has been there?


Have you spoken to the town planning and zoning about the situation to see if they would agree to give you something in writing stating that they have no intentions of every developing the road?





Related Real Estate Law Questions