Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I am trying to sell a house and two acres of land in a rural

Customer Question
town in Oklahoma. I...
I am trying to sell a house and two acres of land in a rural town in Oklahoma. I recently discovered that the house lies on a plat map "proposed" street/alley. This is making it impossible to sell, because any buyer is fearful that it might be demolished if the town ever decides to open that road. What can I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
1/7/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes and ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Can you tell me how long the house has been there?

.

Have you spoken to the town planning and zoning about the situation to see if they would agree to give you something in writing stating that they have no intentions of every developing the road?

.

.

thanks

Tina, Lawyer