How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Re: Security Deposit Return 2 roommates moved into an

Customer Question

Re: Security Deposit Return
2 roommates moved into an apartment I had for rent. Now they broke up and the guy moved out. The girl wants to have a girlfriend move in with her.
What do I do as far as the original security deposit? The girl says it's 100% hers because she paid it. Assuming that the guy agrees by phone but wouldn't submit anything in writing, what should I do to protect myself?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Tell me, what does the rental agreement say about this? Do you have a written rental agreement?

Related Real Estate Law Questions