How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 118201
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can you get an extension on eviction I want to use up my my

Customer Question

Can you get an extension on eviction
I want to use up my my deposit
For 2 months security
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
A security deposit is for damages and it may be applied to rent only if the landlord agrees to do so. You cannot get an extension on an eviction once the landlord has filed for eviction in the court. Once the eviction has been filed the court will order eviction swiftly and the only way you can remain is if the landlord agrees and you get something in writing from the landlord with such agreement.