Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

I am trying to kick out an occupant she has proven to be a

Customer Question

I am trying to kick out an occupant she has proven to be a liability to my safety and my room mates and is violating the lease as is with her cat who is destroying the property. can I just do it or will there need to be done through courts? I live in Columbus Ohio
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

Here they are considered a month to month tenant and must be noticed and then forcible entry and detainer suit filed.You cannot just remove them you must do it legally here.

Notice for you to serve them and post it on their door.

https://rrcourt.net/WebForms/CivilForms/Request%20Tenant%20to%20Leave%203%20Day.pdf

After the 3 day notice expires file you forcible entry and detainer suit.

Sample forms

See number 2 here it is the complaint you file.These are the same statewide you just modify it for your county and court.

http://www.cityofmiddletown.org/docs/court/eviction_packet.pdf

If she leaves voluntarily you can change locks and it is considered abandonment here.

Otherwise it may take up to a month here.Once you have eviction order sheriff or constable will serve it on her and remove her and her stuff.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

If you can leave a positive rating when we are done it is always much appreciated.