How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42898
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Re: squatters on my lots. I have posted the 20 and 30 day

Customer Question

re: squatters on my lots.I have posted the 20 and 30 day notices as we discussed, but now i am having trouble getting a writ.The problem is, the canned 'eviction package' offered in the documentation packs from the county assume a typical landlord-tenant relationship and seem inappropriate to my specific situation. In fact, after purchasing the 'eviction package' documentation pack, it even says specifically that the documents pertain specifically to the typical landlord tenant situation, and to get legal help for anything, i would like to ask if you could write me a writ that i can take to the courthouse to get this process started again.The jpg is a photo of the posted 30 day notice, i posted a bunch of them , and have numerous photos.the docx file is the 20day notice, before it was signed. I have photos of this notice signed and posted as well.thanksthanks
david m chinn
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you.Can you post the forcible entry and detainer petition from form packet so I can edit it, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would that be filed with the state superior court or the king county district court?
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Either one can hear it.

RCW 59.18.050

Jurisdiction of district and superior courts.

The district or superior courts of this state may exercise jurisdiction over any landlord or tenant with respect to any conduct in this state governed by this chapter or with respect to any claim arising from a transaction subject to this chapter within the respective jurisdictions of the district or superior courts as provided in Article IV, section 6 of the Constitution of the state of Washington.

RCW 59.12.070


The plaintiff in his or her complaint, which shall be in writing, must set forth the facts on which he or she seeks to recover, and describe the premises with reasonable certainty, and may set forth therein any circumstances of fraud, force or violence, which may have accompanied the forcible entry or forcible or unlawful detainer, and claim damages therefor, or compensation for the occupation of the premises, or both; in case the unlawful detainer charged be after default in the payment of rent, the complaint must state the amount of such rent. A summons must be issued as in other cases, returnable at a day designated therein, which shall not be less than seven nor more than thirty days from the date of service, except in cases where the publication of summons is necessary, in which case the court or judge thereof may order that the summons be made returnable at such time as may be deemed proper, and the summons shall specify the return day so fixed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for the rapid reply... i must go find a form; i'm going to call the courthouse tomorrow to try to find it.
i will get back to you tomorrow... thanks.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

No problem, here are flat fee lawyers that would file and appear for you..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for the link. are you saying i should start working with this group now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is, would they find the right form as well as file?
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Yes and appear as well with you at hearing here.They would draft it to your facts.You might want to check them out and get a fee quote.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

ITs flat fee where they do everything here for one fee, at least see what they want for your situation.It is unique here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks ray; i will contact them. assuming they are okay, we may be done.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

No problem, I appreciate the chance to help you .