How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 116740
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Sever mold in low income housing. have proof statments from

Customer Question

sever mold in low income housing. have proof statments from fire dept and other officals manager said i had no mold she then had my carpet replaced. but nothing else she had them splicd the paddind and stappled it over the mold. this was 2014 have pictures and whitness that have seen the mold. may 2015 smelled mold took up rug and could see where she had spliced mold was all over the floor i called and told her she did have survepro take a air quaility test but i never got the results. in august 2015 i was served with eviction papers. i still had the mold. she did suscide in evicting me. i have picturs paper signed by her.and a lot more. as a result of this i have a bad cough. so does my son
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the landlord is not remedying the mold and removing it, they are in breach of the lease and this is grounds to sue for retaliatory eviction and seek money damages from the landlord for evicting you for complaining about a legal right you had to a habitable premises. You can seek money damages from the landlord for improperly evicting you for complaining about the mold. If you cannot afford an attorney, you need to go to the local legal aid office for legal representation to sue.
You also can file a complaint with the local health department and building inspector and have them cite the landlord for violations.
Furthermore, as it is low income housing, you also need to file a complaint to the local housing office.
These are your options for relief.

Related Real Estate Law Questions