How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 37639
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I evict a room renter who moved in two kids without

Customer Question

How can I evict a room renter who moved in two kids without permission and won't leave now
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon Nikki,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

You will first need to serve them with a 3 Day Demand for Compliance or Possession. This is simply a notice that you can hand to the renter to let them know that they are in breach of the agreement and that they have only 3 days to cure the breach----in this instance by getting the kids out of the room. If they do not cure the breach within the 3 days (the day you serve it does not count as a day), then you will file a Forcible Entry and Detainer lawsuit in your county court against them and get the court's order to evict them.

Here is a link to Demand for Compliance or Possession which explains how to draft this simple and short notice:

And if you need to file the lawsuit, here is a link to all the forms as well as instructions that you will need to do it yourself if you do not want to hire a landlord-tenant attorney to do it for you:

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in the coming New Year,


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need your help. I am 93 and had a room renter move in and her two children are living here and they won't leave
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.


I understand, and I empathize with your situation. I am more than happy to speak with you over the phone if you would like. All you need to do is to accept the phone call offer that I made to you.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why don't you answer me. I am 93 and you are taking my money
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I did answer you. I provide you with access to all the information that you need to evict someone in CO. Did you not see my Answer to you?

If you have another question I would be happy to answer it for you.


Related Real Estate Law Questions