How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 116715
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I owe $3000 to my condo can they forclose on my condo and

Customer Question

i owe $3000 to my condo ass can they forclose on my condo and can i loose my apt???
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Yes, if you are delinquent in your fees the association may place a lien on your condo unit and then they can foreclose and take the unit from you and evict you. They can hold a foreclosure auction and sell the unit and the new buyer can evict you.
You need to send them a written reasonable payment offer to the board and you need to specifically state in there that you are making a good faith offer to settle the debt and if they do not accept and try to foreclose you will pursue them for damages since they are refusing to accept reasonable payments (send them a check for the first payment as well with your letter) to make the delinquent payments current. Then if they refuse to do so, then if they try to foreclose you can use that copy of the letter as evidence you made a good faith effort to pay the delinquency and they refused.

Related Real Estate Law Questions