Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

I got the court hearing today, and the judge give time to

Customer Question

I got the court hearing today , and the judge give time to get the final inspection proof by 01/27/2016 if I will not have the proof then they going to put me at hail for 25 days...What is the next step for me..
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
They are not likely to put you in jail for not having a permit, usually it is only going to be a fine. However, if you try and are unable to get the proof of final inspection in one month, by the date set by the court, then when you find out how long it will take to get the inspection done you immediately file a motion for a continuance of the 1/27/16 date and you attach proof of you making arrangements to get the inspection done and state you cannot get it done in time through no fault of your own.