Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I have a yearly lease with a tenant with a 6 month payment.

Customer Question

I have a yearly lease with a tenant with a 6 month payment. She has been in there ince oct but took occupancy of mailbox sept. 1. This lease has a 90 day notice attached to it. She just emailed a notice to vacate april 1st when her 6 month payment is due. but it s not the end of the lease. Understand I rented to her with the understanding she had to stay for a year because I can get double the amount in the winter. She was told on several occasions she could not vacate the lease for one year. What do I do now to insure she pays for the whole year. She is out of the country until APril 1st. but payment due march 1st. I f moved her now I could rent it and make up losses but if I wait I can't and will have to pursue her for rents. What are my chances?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Does the lease require in writing that she must pay the entire year and couldn't cancel during that time (with a 90 day notice)?