How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 34276
Experience:  12+ yrs. of experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am being sued by my Landlord Who is Friedman Integrated

Customer Question

I am being sued by my Landlord Who is Friedman Integrated real estate solutions
but the name on the Eviction summons is Mckinley Inc D/B/A. They are the old management co who use to run this property. Should I answer this eviction Summons with the name of the company suing me as Mckinley and wait for them to find the error and make them Serve me again with the correct information on the Summons Or Call them up and let the attorney know he as made a mistake on writing the summons. I need time to move I also feel they are evicting me wrongfully because I was working for Friedman and was fired. They would not renew my lease I feel they are using this non renewal of the lease as a retaliatory eviction because I got Different departments of the government to close down some unlawful workers that were working here. Would like to discuss this matter with you and please let me know what would it cost to have a meeting with you. Thank you for your help George E Howe
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

What you are describing is NOT likely going to be an error that would require them to "refile". They can amend the complaint (if you raise this as an issue). So this is not likely something you are going to be able to use for tactical advantage. The court uses "notice pleading" are on notice and that notice will suffice to allow them ot move forward on the complaint

This is the part of my job I don't like...when the law is not in favor of my customer. I wish I could tell you that you can exploit this for some tactical advantage, but I can only provide you information based on the law so that you can act on the best available information to you...I wish I had better news, but can only hope you recognize and understand my predicament and don't shoot the messenger. I'm sorry!

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Related Real Estate Law Questions