Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

We missed out on buying a piece of land. I reached out to

Customer Question
Hello. We missed out on buying...
Hello.
We missed out on buying a piece of land. I reached out to the person who bought it and he is willing to sell it to us. What do we need to do to transfer the property ownership?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/22/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

This depends...have you agree on a price?

And are you paying cash? Or will you finance the purchase?

I will be paying cash. The price is agreed upon.

Thank you

This is easy then.
If you agree on the terms (how much you are going to pay) and the specifics (when the transfer will occur, etc), then you can do this your selves.

You simply need to transfer deed.

A "warranty deed" would be appropriate. The seller can sign over a "warranty deed" to you, just like the previous sellers did for them when they made the purchase.

NOW....you may want to perform some "due diligence"...specifically having a local title company conduct a title search...and perhaps purchase title insurance. The title company can help you with the warranty deed as well

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

P. Simmons, Lawyer