P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  12+ yrs. of experience including real estate law.
11181181

We missed out on buying a piece of land. I reached out to

Customer Question

Hello.
We missed out on buying a piece of land. I reached out to the person who bought it and he is willing to sell it to us. What do we need to do to transfer the property ownership?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

This depends...have you agree on a price?

And are you paying cash? Or will you finance the purchase?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will be paying cash. The price is agreed upon.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

This is easy then.
If you agree on the terms (how much you are going to pay) and the specifics (when the transfer will occur, etc), then you can do this your selves.

You simply need to transfer deed.

A "warranty deed" would be appropriate. The seller can sign over a "warranty deed" to you, just like the previous sellers did for them when they made the purchase.

NOW....you may want to perform some "due diligence"...specifically having a local title company conduct a title search...and perhaps purchase title insurance. The title company can help you with the warranty deed as well

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.