Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

My both parents pasted away last July ,my father set up a

Customer Question
lease on a 118 acre...
My both parents pasted away last July ,my father set up a lease on a 118 acre farm before they passed,about 2 years prior,the lease is all detailed and in writing,
I have three sister,they as I are all four owners,so iam a tenant and landlord.
The Three sisters are suing me to void the lease,I farm the property,this is my income and I live on the farm to,your advice is appreciated,what are there chances of voiding the lease?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/22/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

Let me make sure I understand your situation...

.

Your parents entered into a farm lease with you prior to their deaths, correct?

.

And now your sisters are trying to throw the lease out as invalid, correct?

.

Why are they saying that the lease is invalid?

.

Have parent's estates been probated?

.

.

thanks

Tina, Lawyer