How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42846
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Name is Ed. being sued years back fees
, yes, about 4

Customer Question

Customer: name is ***** ***** sued for several years back fees
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes, about 4 years ago we declared bankruptcy. stopped paying the mortgage, taxes and homeowners fees. about two years ago we moved.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Real Estate Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight.Can you tell me what you questions here here so I may respond and help you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Filed bankruptcy about 4 years ago. Stopped paying mortgage and taxes because I couldn't afford it. stopped paying HOA fees. Now the HOA has filed a lawsuit against me for those fees. approx. $15k. We moved to another house about 2 years ago. I have no idea what to do.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've been researching online and it looks like I'm liable for those back fees. What happens if I can pay them?
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the update.They can sue you here and any judgment liens your new house.You could wait a few years and then bankrupt here again.You can see if they will settle and accept payments.These are your options here.

Here if you received a discharge in a previous Chapter 13 bankruptcy, you must wait six years from the date the Chapter 13 was filed before you can file for and receive a discharge in a subsequent Chapter 7 case.

So you may end up filing a second bankruptcy down the road when you can.

I appreciate the chance to help you , please let me know if you have more.Thanks again.

I wish you a happy holidays.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Ed thanks again and the best to you..