How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attyadvisor Your Own Question
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 7061
Experience:  29 years of experience in General Practice, Real Estate Law and Estate Law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Attyadvisor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

About how much does changing the name on a trust in court

Customer Question

about how much does changing the name on a trust in court cost? (estimate)
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question. What type of a trust> Can you explain a little more? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am the beneficiary of an account from my parents. i want to change my name on the trust papers. the trustee says it costs too much and we'd have to go to court. maybe i can afford it with my own personal income. just an approximation will do. thank you. ellie dean
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also how much is it to have your legal help monthly?
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the clarification. The site only charges whatever you agreed to pay to open this question. The attorneys are not involved in payments on the site. Pursuant to the terms of service of the site I can only provide general information and not legal advice or represent you on the trust. That being said it will be my pleasure to assist you by proving any information that is needed. As far as changing the trust only the trustee has the power and legal authority to make changes consistent with the trust terms. What is the reason for the name change? Depending on the type of trust it could require a court order. Is the trustee failing to carry out their duties to the point where they should be replaced? Changes to a trust or trustee can be very expensive. Can you tell me if this is a living trust, revocable or an irrevocable trust?

Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.

If you had your name legally changed you would be able to request a name change to the court. If the trustee is not responding and being uncooperative the trustee may need to be removed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as i previously stated , i need whoever knows the monthly cost of attorney services before i go ahead
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.

Attorneys charge fees based on their experience so the fees vary considerbly. There are also pro bono attorneys that do not charge at all. Where in Washington are you located and I can provide a link for attorneys that provide free consultations as well as a link for pro bono attorneys.