Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

I would like to use free form online lady bird deed. I was

Customer Question

I would like to use free form online for a lady bird deed. I was told I need to make sure it's correct for my particular use. I own a house in Sarasota County, FL.
Thank you. Shirley
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What form do you have, give me a link, as I can give you a sample from FL so you can compare them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Free-real-estate-forms.com
Thank you for your reply.
Here is a sample that you can use to type your own deed, it is halfway in the article, so scroll through the first several pages and you will see the exact wording for the FLORIDA ladybird deed: https://www.browardbar.org/wp-content/uploads/staley-memorial/SpeakerLeonardEMondschein/Lady-Bird-Deed-Presentation_42-pages.pdf
As you can see it is very similar to the one you have, but make yours look like the one in the article above (copy and paste the link into your browser as our site is having technical issues and you cannot click on it) as that one is specific for FL.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I couldn't copy and paste that website.....so I typed in the address, but I couldn't find the article you were referring to for the FL Lady Bird Deed form.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I'm sorry, I'm somewhat unsure.... B. Creation..Sample Language. Do I just type 1 and 2 as is or just 2 as is?
I am a single woman granting to a single woman.
Thank you.
Thank you for your reply.
Yes, it is typed exactly as it states in the link I gave you. You type both pages of the deed, that is the whole lady bird deed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. ***** need to get it notarized, yes? Then what county office do I take it to to get recorded? Thank you.
Thank you for your reply.
Yes you sign in front of a notary and have it notarized and then you file it with the property clerk records with your deed.