How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Me and my (ex) friend own a unit in a mobile home park in

Customer Question

Me and my (ex) friend own a unit in a mobile home park in Mono County, Ca, all paid off, clear title with 2 names on it.
He has not paid the space rent, maintenance, property taxes and the other remodeling/materials expenses for over 2 years, nor is he going to do so.
My expenses at this point are more than half of the current home value.
Can I lien sale his half of the mobile home and what is the process?
Most important, can I buy his half at a lien sale?
What are the steps and forms needed for it?
Thank you in advance for your reply.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me whether you and he have a written agreement that he would be paying this part of the expenses, etc?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've just been charged $45 on my credit card, but the answer was not provided: any ideas?
We don't have a written agreement, we were just splitting the bills in half, but I do have all of the receipts, my cleared checks etc.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.


I am not in charge of billing - experts only answer the questions. The way it works is that the money is transferred to your JustAnswer account. However, it is not "withdrawn" until you rate positively. I have not had time to provide an answer yet since I was seeking a clarification in the form of an information request., to which you had replied (thanks).

Did you still wish to continue? Or do you wish to contact customer service to clear up any billing issues before we continue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll talk to the customer service.
Thank you for the reply.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
No worries! Reply when/if you are ready to proceed. Until then, all the best.