Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Can an utility company install a pole on private property?

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/13/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. The utility company can only install a pole on private propery if they have an easement for utilities on that particular parcel of private land. http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/easements-overview.html. Which State is the property located in? Do you have a copy of the deed for the real property?

The village would be able to tell you if there is a utility easement. Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you. If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it. Thank you for using JA. We appreciate your business.

I wanted to follow up with you to see if you had the opportunity to speak to the Village?

Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney