Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I have a large double wide modular home. I have placed it on

Customer Question
I have a large double...
I have a large double wide modular home. I have placed it on the ground and attached large decks front (extended roof-line over the front deck from the modular roof line) and back (extended roof line from the modular roof line) along with more building attached to the back deck--mother in law house. Can the "whole building structure" be incorporated into a new title, reappraised and viewed as a "regular" home? Financing would be easier if I do not have to use modular home finance companies. Building is completely siding in and painted to match.
The present "foot print" of the home is just under 5,000 square feet.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/12/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

This can be done rather easily.The local title company lawyer can retire the title here and help you with this.This usually solves the problem with lender as the improvements are then owed under the deed as all valuable improvements thereon.If you will go buy and talk to the local title company thi sis very fixable and it would not cost more than $200 or so.

You can also try this yourself here is step by step..

Change From Personal to Real Property

Application for SOL

-

Blocks 1 (check “Used”under “Real

Property Transaction”), 2, 3, 4b, 6 (check“Real Property”,8, 9, 10b.

A copy of the

legal description exactly as it should be shown on SOL.

If

mortgage lien exists, provide either:o Form B completed by

the lienholder of record for the release of any personal property liens

o

Documentation identifying the home by HUD label number and/or serial number verifying the

lien is paid in full and/or has been released.

o

In ieu of a release of lien, a statement by the title company, attorney, or federally insured

financial institution that title insurance commitment covering all prior liens on the home has

been issued.

o

Written consent from the lienholder to change ownership of property.

$55 SOL issuance fee

.

If moved, TX DOT moving permit

Sorry this is simpler if paid off.

Loan Paid Off, Issue SOL with no lienholder

Application for SOL

-

Blocks 1 (check “

Other

under

appropriate property transaction type

), 2, 3, 4b,

6,

7 (ONLY when designating the home as Non

-

Residential or Salvage),

and

10b

.

Form B

Completed by the l

ienholder of record for the release of any personal property liens

.

Documentation identifying the home by HUD label number and/or serial number verifying the lien is

paid in full and/or has been released.

$55 SOL issuance fee

If you have more questions here is free help numbers.

T

EXAS

D

EPARTMENT OF

H

OUSING AND

C

OMMUNITY

A

FFAIRS

M

ANUFACTURED

H

OUSING

D

IVISION

P.

O. BOX 12489 Austin, Texas 78711-

2489

(800)

(###) ###-####(###) ###-####FAX (512) 475-

I appreciate the chance to help you today.

I wish you a happy holiday here.

Ray, Lawyer