How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attyadvisor Your Own Question
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 6730
Experience:  29 years of experience in General Practice, Real Estate Law and Estate Law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Attyadvisor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My aunt deeded her house over to me now her brother has

Customer Question

My aunt deeded her house over to me now her brother has convinced her to take back so that he can have it. What rights do I have in this life estate do I have to give it back.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question. I would need to look at the deed to make sure it is valid. That being said once a life estate is conveyed by deed the transfer is complete. Can you tell me if the deed recorded?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the deed has been recorded at the court house.
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.

In Texas the deed does not need to be recorded to be valid. That being said there can be escape clauses in the deed. Do you by any chance have a copy you can attach?

Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.

Are you still online with me? Please ignore the additional services request.

Related Real Estate Law Questions