How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 117359
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In the past 10 years in an effort to save my home I have

Customer Question

In the past 10 years in an effort to save my home I have went through 10 mortgage companies, attempting to acquire a loan modification. Every time I would get to the point of approval they would flip the switch and either threaten me with foreclosure or sale my mortgage to another company. I stayed on top of all their threats, either faxing, e-mailing, sending certified letters, etc. In May of 2014 I received a letter from Ocwen Mortgage, indicating my "Cancellation of Mortgage Debt in the amount of $142.276.40. After receiving this notice I contacted Ocwen about where the deed. Following months of calling, I heard nothing then suddenly A Marshall arrived at my door to evict me. Needless, to say I was stun, as I had no prior correspondence. I was given a date to appear in court, I went they won, that part, but that day I filed an appeal as I had not been given my side of the story, nor did I have an opportunity to present my evidence. Recently I went to court and presented the judge with application of poverty. She approved it and the filing fee was waved. Now what??? Please help me these people are trying to steal my house/home. I have lived here 20+ years. I am a disabled senior and would like to send the rest in my home, where I raised my children.
Dr. Erdine Njie(###) ###-#### ***** HELP ME
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you have filed an appeal and they have waived fees, your next step is you need to file your appeal brief, with your grounds for appeal and your legal reasons for your appeal. At this point, as a disabled senior, you need to contact your local senior citizen center, legal aid and also the state bar, because you must have local legal representation and all of those places will have attorneys who can step up to assist you.
This case is one that now requires a legal pleading written, so the attorney will need all of your documents so they can put your defense together in the appeal brief to submit to the court. You only have 30 days to get the appeal brief filed, so you need to start Monday contacting legal aid, your local senior citizen center to ask about attorneys and legal assistance they have for seniors and also the state bar about free attorneys in your area as you need to get an attorney at this point.