Michael Lykken, Esq
Michael Lykken, Esq,
Experience:  Partner at Soares & Lykken, Attorneys at Law
77500129

I have received an Interlocutory Order of Interpleader. The

Customer Question

I have received an Interlocutory Order of Interpleader. The defendants are asked to plead between themselves on this action their claims or rights to the funds. This is a matter of 20,000 between 3 parties. What should I do?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Michael Lykken, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed California attorney. Thank you for using this service, and please understand that I can only provide you with general legal advice. In this situation, the court is asking the three defendants to litigate how the money should be divided. So you need to file a responsive pleading (such as a memorandum) detailing how you think it should be divided and the reasons for such a division. You may need to conduct discovery if necessary, and you will need to lay out your legal reasoning in the document. It isn't a lot of money involved, and I don't know if there is a right to attorneys fees, but it may not hurt for you to consult a local attorney on this. Let me know if this helps, or if you need further explanation. Thank you!

Hello, I hope you found my answer helpful. I only receive credit for this answer if you rate my service, so if you could do so I would appreciate it. If you need further clarification I am happy to help. Thank you!