How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Lykken, Esq Your Own Question
Michael Lykken, Esq
Michael Lykken, Esq,
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 103
Experience:  Partner at Soares & Lykken, Attorneys at Law
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Michael Lykken, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have received an Interlocutory Order of Interpleader. The

Customer Question

I have received an Interlocutory Order of Interpleader. The defendants are asked to plead between themselves on this action their claims or rights to the funds. This is a matter of 20,000 between 3 parties. What should I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Michael Lykken, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed California attorney. Thank you for using this service, and please understand that I can only provide you with general legal advice. In this situation, the court is asking the three defendants to litigate how the money should be divided. So you need to file a responsive pleading (such as a memorandum) detailing how you think it should be divided and the reasons for such a division. You may need to conduct discovery if necessary, and you will need to lay out your legal reasoning in the document. It isn't a lot of money involved, and I don't know if there is a right to attorneys fees, but it may not hurt for you to consult a local attorney on this. Let me know if this helps, or if you need further explanation. Thank you!

Expert:  Michael Lykken, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I hope you found my answer helpful. I only receive credit for this answer if you rate my service, so if you could do so I would appreciate it. If you need further clarification I am happy to help. Thank you!

Related Real Estate Law Questions