How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In, I am suing my landlord to maintain dwelling unit. I

Customer Question

In Virginia, I am suing my landlord for failure to maintain dwelling unit. I notified them several times regarding no gas for cooking, no hot water, and moisture accumulation. They failed to respond promptly. The issues were fixed eventually. I did not give a 30 day notice of intent to terminate the lease, as I did not want to move. I only wanted them to fix the issues. Am I still entitled to recover damages in excess of the diminution in rental value: purchases of hot food, transportation costs, emotional distress, etc?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. What transportation was incurred? What type of emotional distress?

Related Real Estate Law Questions