Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

We live in an attached town house with an HOa. a ROOF LEAK

Customer Question
ON OUR NEIGHBOR'S PROPERTY HAS...
We live in an attached town house with an HOa. a ROOF LEAK ON OUR NEIGHBOR'S PROPERTY HAS CAUSED DAMAGE TO THE INSIDE OF OUR HOME. oUR hoa SAYS THEY CANNOT HELP US. HOW DO WE PROCEED?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
12/9/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Loren, Lawyer

Good evening. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

As a general rule, the association is responsible for repair of roof leaks. You would typically be responsible for the repair of any damage to the inside of your townhouse.

If they refuse to repair the roof then you can sue the association for breaching the covenants and bylaws.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Loren, Lawyer