How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41058
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can i lien a property if an amount of money is owed to

Customer Question

how can i lien a property if an amount of money is owed to me?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.Can you tell me what state and how much is involved here, thanks..BB

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we are in texas. just want to protect my self from lossing money from a lease agreement.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
or what kind of agreement would be the best to lease a property.
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Is this a residential lease you need a form for?

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

If that is the case here is a good form that would protect you as a landlord.

Thanks again for letting me help you tonight.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am self employed and they are leasing me a piece of the owners property. but it would be for 20 or 35 years for the amount of
$10,000 but if the owner sales the property before the lease is due in order for me to move out i would be getting doble the amount that i would have to pay wich is the $10,000 i was wondering wich would be a good form or aggreement in this situation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if in the case that it does not work out that way what would it be best to do?
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

You really need to go together here to a local real estate lawyer and have this drafted.It is not a form situation here and you want to be fully protected.It is worth a couple of hundred dollars in case they sell it.You could have a right of first refusal if you want to buy it or a buy out provision or two that protects you.But this is not something that fits in a normal lease.You might also want more about your right to buy it if you choose.

Thanks again for the follow up.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

You can get a half hour with local lawyer to go over your lease needs here for $20 through our state bar.Give them a call here.

They will get you lawyer referral.Thanks again.+