socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate broker -- Retired (mostly)
10097515

The house that my 2 siblings and I own was in a revocable

Customer Question

The house that my 2 siblings and I own was in a revocable trust. The property is now out of the trust and has been recorded at Tenants In Common for all of us children. I wanted the house to be as Joint Tenants.
Will our home be reassessed if I switch the titles to ***** from Tenants in Collon?
Thank you,
Linda
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.

A transfer of co-tenants in common to themselves as joint tenants does not cause a change in ownership. Cal. Rev. & Tax Code 65(b).

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!