Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

The kids have a timeshare contract with a large balance

Customer Question
outstanding. They live in...
The kids have a timeshare contract with a large balance outstanding. They live in Las Vegas. How do we find a good attorney to help them? What sort of law practice should we be looking for?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/7/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: RONB-ESQ, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
RONB-ESQ
RONB-ESQ, Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I welcome you to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. The question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Also in the event you are new to JA, I only receive a portion of what you pay to JA when you provide positive feedback and click the submit button on the upper right corner of your page. If I have provided you a timely response and answered your question please give me the courtesy of a positive rating before you log off the site, as many people forget to log back in and leave feedback. There is no additional charge for continuing to reply after you have rated me and we can continue a back and forth discussion until the question you posed has been fully answered

You should see my answer in the same pane below this response as we continue. In the event you would prefer a phone call please let me know and I can arrange it. It tends to be easier for both parties if you just tell me you want a phone call and let me send you the request versus using JA’s automated “request a call” feature. If you see a pop up regarding a phone call please note that the website generated that offer. Before I send you any such request it will typically be based on you requesting it by typing the request on the screen and then I will send you a phone call offer. Do note that a phone call is not required and we can continue here just typing comments back and forth.

You should be able to view my answer just below this response as we continue….

Why do you need an attorney? Do you believe they were defrauded or is there some other basis to sue the timeshare seller? When did they purchase timeshare? Has the typical 10 day right of rescission already passed? Who sold them the timeshare i.e. Wyndham, Marriott, etc.

I will be stepping away from my computer from 3:00 until 8:00 PM CST today so I may be delayed in getting back to you, but I will respond once I get back to the office.

You can also find a huge amount of information at http://www.tug2.net/ This is the Timeshare Users Group and they have information on virtually all timeshares. They don't get into the legal issues, but it was a great resource to me when I wanted to get rid of the Wyndham timeshare I purchased a few years ago.

When you get a chance reply here and provide some additional information so I better understand your need for an attorney.

Regards,

I am just checking back in to see if you had provided the additional information i need to provide you an accurate answer. As this goes back to the 7th I am unsure if you have logged in and looked at my request or not. I continue to be available once I have the information to spend the time and make sure you are completely satisfied. If you prefer to talk on the phone vs typing I can make that happen, due note there is an additional charge typically $52 for call, but sometimes that is the easiest way to work through a problem.

I am also happy to just continue here typing response once I have the additional information.

Regards,

Tina, Lawyer