How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex Esquire Your Own Question
Alex Esquire
Alex Esquire, Attorney at Law
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 16623
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Real Estate Law Mentor
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Alex Esquire is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My divorce was final nearly 5 years ago but my ex husband

Customer Question

Hi, My divorce was final nearly 5 years ago but my ex husband refused to sign a quit claim deed for one piece of property. First question: how do I force this? Second question: Is there any reason I cannot communicate this to his attorney? He is threatening me with a restraining order if I do.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

1) If one ex-spouse refuses to comply with court ordered division of property, then the aggrieved spouse can file a Motion to Enforce Marital Settlement Agreement and the court will compel the ex-spouse to comply or to fact sanctions which can include jail time.

2) Either spouse can contact other spouse's attorney (if the spouse herself is not represented by an attorney) for any legitimate legal reason, without being in fear of any repercussions for the contact.

Given the situation you might want to consider his an experienced local family law attorney to help you address and resolve this issue once and for all.

I wish you the best of luck!

Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.

Related Real Estate Law Questions