How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RONB-ESQ Your Own Question
RONB-ESQ, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 357
Experience:  Right of Way Manager at Access Midstream Partners, LP
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
RONB-ESQ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I red a lawyer to evict my renter, how is the ongoing fee

Customer Question

If I hired a lawyer to evict my renter, how is the ongoing fee would they go to court for me or will they help me fill out the forms and ??? I live in Los Angeles. I'm renting a room in my house. The renter has the room upstairs and I have the room downstairs.
Since I don't have to give a reason tp the evict the renter who is on a month to month lease, do i still need to compile documents of our disagreements in paper?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I welcome you to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. The question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Also in the event you are new to JA, I only receive a portion of what you pay to JA when you provide positive feedback and click the submit button on the upper right corner of your page. If I have provided you a timely response and answered your question please give me the courtesy of a positive rating before you log off the site, as many people forget to log back in and leave feedback. There is no additional charge for continuing to reply after you have rated me and we can continue a back and forth discussion until the question you posed has been fully answered

You should see my answer in the same pane below this response as we continue. In the event you would prefer a phone call please let me know and I can arrange it. It tends to be easier for both parties if you just tell me you want a phone call and let me send you the request versus using JA’s automated “request a call” feature. If you see a pop up regarding a phone call please note that the website generated that offer. Before I send you any such request it will typically be based on you requesting it by typing the request on the screen and then I will send you a phone call offer. Do note that a phone call is not required and we can continue here just typing comments back and forth.

You should be able to view my answer just below this response as we continue….

I need to review a couple things and will be back with you shortly.

Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 1 year ago.

You can get a great deal of information here for handling an eviction yourself. Also note the court you will appear in is used to dealing with landlord's that represent themselves or the property manger's for apartments and grants some leeway as to all the legal procedural rules. As to an attorney you would simply want to do a search with findlaw or and look for a real estate attorney that handles landlord tenant issues. You can likely get a 30 minute consultation for free wherein he/she would tell you the cost to evict a tenant and/or might offer to charge you so much to just go over the forms and procedures with you? If you do retain an attorney he/she can appear on your behalf and you typically would have no need to go to any hearing, etc.

I hope that answers your question and thank you in advance for giving me a positive rating on my answer as that is how I am compensated. Do note that even after rating me you are welcome to reply as needed to get clarification as to my answer for free.



Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I read the link. My question is if I don't have anything in writing, how can I file a three day notice? Refusing to put away her trash in the City black bin? She leaves it in the back patio next to her door and I've told her when she first moved in, trash needs to be put in the black bin once a week.
Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 1 year ago.

If you and her did not sign a lease agreement then at best she is deemed to have a month to month tenancy. You don't have to have any reason other than you want her to leave and her tenancy will end on x date. If she had a lease then she could challenge it and I would recommend that in the future you put together a lease agreement that would include a list of general conditions or rules that the tenant must comply with. With a future tenant when they don't comply then you give them written notice of the issue and indicate they have x number of days to comply. Does that help clarify your situation?

Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 1 year ago.

It is my goal to provide you excellent service and do my best to fully answer the question you posted. The only way I get any credit for my answer is if you give me a positive rating between good-excellent. I would truly appreciate you taking the time to go back and review my answer and give me feedback. In the event you don’t feel like I answered your question please reply so I have an opportunity to fully answer the question you asked. In the event you have already provided feedback and I missed it Thank you and please disregard.



Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

I wanted to check in with you and confirm that you did not have any further follow up questions for me from the answers I provided to you on the 5th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I have not received a rating. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed. You can go directly to my page for future questions by going here:

Regards, Ron