How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 117359
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hugh liights have been put up by large parcel neighbor. 25

Customer Question

Hugh liights have been put up by large parcel neighbor. 25 lights like headlights. On all night long. In violation of Title 22 zoning ordinance, and North Area Plan of 2002.
Complained to Sheila Khuel, Supervisor District 3. Zoning Enforcement has aided in putting up more lights. This Started in September with a Zoning violation written by Regional Planning. They will not take down the lights. In fact they have assisted in putting up more lights. They will not force owner to turn off the lights at night. Nobody lives on the property. Owner lives in Malibu, not Agoura. I've been getting lip service from Supervisor Khuel and her staff for 5 months. What can you do to turn off the lights at night?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the lights are interfering with your peaceable use and enjoyment of your land, then you can file a suit against the owner for nuisance and seek damages and an injunction from the court to force him to remove the lights and also for money damages for the emotional distress his conduct is causing you to suffer from the inability to sleep or enjoy your property.
If government has not been able to stop him, then you have to file a civil suit against him to get a civil court order to stop his conduct and for damages and you need to not rely on government to do anything and take this case to court yourself.