How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 31770
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My step dad past away 2008 and I was heir to s estate and i

Customer Question

My step dad past away 2008 and I was heir to his estate and i have been making payment on house i have been out of state my job shut down icame home and got a letter that said he had title insurance wehat can i do
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Title insurance usually is only a benefit to the lender in the event that there is an issue with the title or a cloud on it.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

So, it's not likely that you would receive any money from a title insurance policy.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

But, you should make contact and find out exactly what the situation is.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Also, the title insurance will not keep the house from being if you want to try to keep the property, you're likely going t have to open his estate and get the title transferred over to you and then try to negotiate with the lender to assign the debt to you and modify the payments.